The Refinancing program offers small businesses the opportunity to obtain long term, fixed rate debt on a portion of their existing real estate loan of equipment.
The SBA 504 Loan Program creates a 3-party partnership:
- A financial institution, such as a commercial bank, typically provides 50 percent of the total project financing. The bank holds a first mortgage lien position on the assets being financed, providing them with an incentive to offer more reasonable terms and favorable rates.
- TEDCO, your SBA licensed CDC, finances up to 40 percent of the project.
- Your company normally contributes only 10 percent of the total project cost–a substantial savings of working capital for you.
SBA 504 Loans are designed specifically to help small business concerns with long-term, fixed asset financing, including the following:
The term for an SBA Section 504 Loan is 10 years for equipment and 20 years for real estate financing. Financial institutions are required to provide no less than 10 years financing on real estate and 7 years for equipment.
You negotiate the interest rate on the first mortgage lien position with the financial instituion. The financial instituion’s first lien collateral position will allow them to offer better than normal rates.
Your SBA 504 rate is based on the current market bond rate at the time of the debenture sale. The actual cost includes an administrative and servicing spread over the current market bond rate.
SBA 504 Loans require personal guarantees from individuals with 20 percent or more ownership in the small business concern.
|Service Area||Florida with an emphasis on the Greater Tampa Bay area|
|Loan Amount||40% of project costs. Minimum $125,000. Maximum $5.5 million.|
|Use Of Loan Proceeds||
|Job Creation||One employee for every $65,000 of SBA loan|
|Term||20 years (Equipment alone 10 years)|
|Collateral||Second position on real estate/equipment|
|Borrower’s Cash Participation||Minimum 10% of project costs / equity of the borrower|
|Deposit to review loan application||$100.00|
HOW TO APPLY
Your TEDCO 504 Loan representative will guide you through the application process. Just call 813-831-8600 to make an appointment. You should be prepared with:
- Information related to your company’s products, marketing, distribution and growth projections.
- Tax returns of the company for the past three years, with an interim statement less than 90 days old
- Personal financial statements and tax returns for the past three years for all owners with 20 percent or more ownership.
- Original Note and Mortgage
- Settlement Sheet / Closing Statement
Please contact us more information or application procedures.